iTunes Connection to Music Players in 2 steps.
iTunes Connection to Music Players, Daps or Digital Audio Players is simplified into 2 steps below.
As a MAC or Windows user, iTunes catalogs your music and syncs directly to Apple iPhone, iPad, iPod or other idevices. However, if your music player, DAP or audio player is not made by Apple, you need another software to sync your music to your player or DAP.
1. Sync, store and organize your iTunes music with JRiver Media Center.
JRiver, much like iTunes, is a music catalog. It is simple to use and allows you to sync music from computers or macbooks (MACs) to music players, daps, or hi res audio players made by: Astell & Kern, Calyx, HiFiMan and Questyle.
Note: JRiver will not connect AK players or the Calyx M to a MAC but they do connect to Windows computers.
iTunes Connection to JRiver with One Time Sync – Sync your iTunes library once and use JRiver Media Center to manage your music files.
Under File, click Library then Import.
Choose the “Import a single folder’ and click Next.
Click the Browse button and locate your iTunes library under User/Music/iTunes/iTunes Media/Music.
Note: You need to double click the folders to get to the desired path location.
Double click the iTunes folder under the user Music folder.
Note: Double click iTunes Media under the iTunes folder.
Note: Highlight the Music folder under iTunes Media but DO NOT double click.
Click Open when the final music folder is highlighted.
Click Finish and the import will begin.
2. Auto Import iTunes Library for Future Updates
If you want to continue iTunes as your main music catalogue or source, you can setup JRiver to auto sync with iTunes. Therefore, when you add to your iTunes Music library, JRiver will automatically sync & update your music.
- Under File, click Library then Import.
- Choose “Configure Auto-Import” and click Next.
- Click Add.
- Click the Browse button and locate your iTunes library under User/Music/iTunes/iTunes Media/Music.
- Click Open when the final music folder is highlighted.
- Click OK. You will now see the file path added to the list.
- Click Finish and your iTunes library will start to sync to JRiver.
Now, you can easily browse and organize your music. Have fun and HAPPY LISTENING!
Have any questions about this process? Please leave us a comment below on the blog and we’ll be happy to answer them LIVE on the blog.