Grado has improved their headphones with their third generation called the “e” series. The shells may look the same, but the skeletons have significant steps forward in sonic reproduction.
The main focus to the improved “e” Series is Sound Quality. Grado strived for outstanding dynamics and fidelity with all these changes.
|Grado GS1000e||Grado PS500e|
|Grado PS1000e||Grado RS1e|
5 main upgrades of the e Series include:
- A new method of curing their select Mahogany toned woods to reduce sound coloration.
- Use of Rhodium to prevent corrosion of connectors and undesirable graininess to your music.
- Refined housing design that prevents stray resonance from interfering with the driver and protecting purity of reproduction.
- Fine-tuned magnetic field for symmetry throughout the full range of the voice coil.
- SpaceBlack Polycarbonate to absorb excess energy and reduces secondary impulses for a clearer tone.
|Grado RS2e||Grado SR225e|
|Grado SR325e||Grado SR80e|
What does Moon Audio think about Grado’s e Series?
“These “e series” headphones produce a more refined sound and clarity. There is not a night and day difference but the subtle improvements have definitely given the headphones a more musical quality than that of its predecessor – the i Series. Overall, we noticed a difference and we think you will too, ” Drew Baird, P.E., Capital Audiofest, July 27, 2014.
Moon Audio can upgrade most Grado “e series” headphones with our Custom Audio Cables.
How do you think the e Series will compare?
Let us know what you think in the comments below…
Show us your modified Grado’s or other cans by entering our Summer HiFi Headphone Setup contest
We love to hear from fellow audiophiles and music lovers!